Friday, February 6, 2015

My new family member

Here it is, the beginning of a much hoped for and awaited family member. I found him through Rescue Rovers.
The same place our neighbors puppy is from, I've been doing some volunteer work and donations, and when my husband's cousin passed away they asked that donations be made to this amazing organization since Eric was such an animal lover. Today just marks the start.

 


"Gator" and his foster daddy.
Yes, that's a lick smudge on the lens.

A pretty day to mark if I do say so myself.
Excuse my dirty adventure-mobile car and look at this face.


We decided to name him "West," and this is his very first Valentine's Day.....


And our first hike with some friends and a new dog friend, Syd. 


West loves the staff at unleashed in Murray, UT, we had to drop him off unexpectedly to make a funeral since his new fence wasn't puppy proof and he loved it so much I ended up dropping him off while I'm at class and buying a 20 day pass. 
 I'm really jealous of this pool....


See what I mean, he is tired! 
 
 My friends have spoiled us with doggy toys, they know a dog is literally like a baby to me.
 New dog house
 One day we'll get the hang of walking, hopefully without a leash soon. We usually head to Tanner Park.


 From our puppy shaming shoot (guilty), he dropped my camera, wrecked my transmitter and then chewed up my sync cord. All within minutes. It's hard to be mad at cute things. 
 A big part of having a dog to me is that he comes with me on my adventures. It was only a matter of days before we landed here.


First sick Vet visit :(
 
We go on some pretty beautiful hikes. 

 Leash less, and still walking me.
 Tanner Park, his fave.
 
My mother is a huge fan of Easter, so we did a little shoot for her.  




2 comments: